Anniversary

Friday, October 7, 2011

Five Favs of the Week

Happy Friday!  I've decided to started posting my Five Favs of the Week every, (well, most,) Fridays to get some continuity going on my blog.  Plus, I tend to have very passionate obsessions that I feel you need to know about.  Without further ado-here are my five weekly favorites:

1-My new moccasins 


Got 'em at Baskins, of course, in the dark brown.  I've been a fan of Minnetonka mocs for years, but I currently don't have a traditional style that I hadn't worn to pieces.  And I love the more modern stud detail, which updates them a little more than a beaded design, and keeps them from looking like house shoes.  Super comfy too!

2-Mama's Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert



One of the songs from Miranda's upcoming album, "Four the Record" was released as a preview this week from Hipstamatic.  I don't understand the contest involving the preview, but I do understand that this song rocks.  Plus, it was written by Kasey Musgraves, who we've seen perform live twice!  Cool!  And don't even get me started on those sunglasses.  Yeah, I need those.  Preview the song here:  http://community.hipstamatic.com/contests/64

3-Stella & Dot's Tribute Bracelet


A rose gold/pave stone layering bracelet that benefits breast cancer research?  Yup, I love it.  (And I promise it's gorgeous, this picture doesn't do it justice. Very sparkly.)  Buy it from me for only $36 by clicking here.

4-My DVR

Ok, this may sounds a little crazy, but there is so much good stuff on TV right now!  I can't even keep my DVR straight!  What's on my queue?   The last season of Desperate Housewives, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills/New Jersey, Ringer, Hart of Dixie, Dexter, Homeland, 2 Broke Girls, Up All Night, The Rachel Zoe Project, The New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Revenge and of course Secrets from a Stylist.  Dude that's a lot when I type it all out!  But it's soooo good.  I needed these shows after a summer of Ben making me watch gloom and doom zombie/alien Apocalypse shows.  Bleh.  And a lot of these shows are new!  Thank goodness I chose the good ones to watch because nothing has been cancelled yet, (fingers crossed.)  The only one I could do without is Ringer, but I haven't given up on it yet.

5-It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Plus Keratin



Ok, yes, it's the dumbest name for a hair product ever, but this stuff works!  I normally don't use salon hair products, (Suave works just fine for me, thank you very much,) but recently my brother started delivering for a salon wholesale supplier.  (Funny, I know.)  So I decided to have him hook me up with a leave in.  When I told him what I wanted, (some crap I found on Amazon,) he said, "Have you head of It's a 10 Leave In Plus Keratin?  Girls buy the sh*t out of it."  After I died laughing, I came back to life and said sure I'll take it!  You just towel dry, spray it on, comb it through, and blow dry.  And you have perfect amazing hair!  I love it.  But probably wouldn't buy it without the discount.  If you are that kind of girl, (nothing wrong with that, I just tend to be more of a makeup splurger,) I totally recommend this.

That's it!  We're off to Houston for the Battle of the Pineywoods football game!  Axe 'Em Jacks!  I can't wait to see my friends and TAILGATE!!  Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment