Anniversary

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

JOEY


Last weekend we went to a NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway with my brother and sister in law and another fun couple, Jeremiah and Erica.  Ben has been a fan for years, but I'm much newer to the sport and therefore less enthusiastic.  It was my first time at a NASCAR race, and I must say I had a good time!  The race seemed so much easier for me understand when I was actually there.  There was a lot more action to watch too...you can switch from watching the leader to your favorite driver to any interesting chases going on without waiting for the TV camera to change.  Also, it's such a sensory experience...it's so LOUD and the smell of fumes is so STRONG and you can feel the weather and understand how it must effect the race.  Long story short, it was a blast and I would go back for sure!

My favorite driver is Joey Logano.  As someone who's not a hardcore NASCAR fan, Joey may not seem like the obvious choice for a favorite driver.  However, Joey and I have a history.  The first time I watched a NASCAR race with Ben while we were dating was also young Joey's first race in the "big leagues."  I thought it was cool to get to see an 18 year old kid experience that, so I decided then and there that Joey would be my driver, since we started "together."  Since then he's had a pretty steady career, and I've always rooted for him on TV.  Of course, going to a live race and sporting your driver's number intensifies your fan-dome, so at the race on Sunday I was in a Joey frenzy. 


 Joey's car engine failed in the middle of the race, so I was pretty bummed that he didn't get to finish.  I started following him on Twitter to see if he had any commentary on the engine failure, and sure enough, little Jo Jo tweets himself!  (Not every driver does.)  Another reason why he rocks.  Anyways, as with following anyone on facebook/Twitter, the cyber stalking ensued.  I found out that Joey has a girlfriend named Sabrina, so I checked out her Twitter too.  And I've decided that Joey and Sabrina should be BFFS with me and Ben.  Not only does Sabrina also sell Stella & Dot, but her and Joey dressed as Katy Perry and Russell Brand for Halloween!  (Remember my post a few weeks ago about how that was what I wanted me and Ben to dress as?)  Her twitter bio tells me that she likes aviator sunglasses, cardigans and dogs, all things I'm also a fan of.  I'm willing to bet she also likes Miranda Lambert, Pinterest and mint chocolate chip ice cream.  I mean, the four of us could be besties. 

So Joey and Sabrina, if you are ever in East Texas and wanna hang out, give us a shout!  Or even better, when you two crazy kids decide to tie the knot, I'll be your wedding planner!  It'll be great, I promise! :)

   



No comments:

Post a Comment