Anniversary

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Crafty Sue!

So this past weekend, I was feeling a little crafty! I thought I'd share my project! (Sorry the pictures are dark...I used my iPhone.)

First, I was inspired by one of the craft blogs that I follow, Tatertots and Jello. I've been looking for something to decorate our guest bedroom walls with, and her doily projects seemed to fit the bill. I bought some canvases at Hobby Lobby and some doilies at Dollar Tree, a little scrapbook paper and Mod Podge later...viola! Blank walls no more!



Close up.


I also covered a floor pillow...but I still need to work on it, and make the mate, so maybe I'll post those pics when I'm completely finished.

Saturday night, our small group friends Cedric and Mary got married! The wedding and reception was beautiful, and we had a really good time seeing everyone from our group all dressed up and letting loose! As we were leaving the reception, the DJ announced that we could take a flower centerpiece. I plucked a few hydrangeas from an arrangement because I LOVE hydrangeas, but Cedric saw me and insisted that I take the whole thing. Soooo we came home with a 3 foot tall floral arrangement. I didn't really have anywhere to put it, and I knew our cat, Patsy, would have a field day with it, so I decided to break it down into smaller flower arrangements. I used some of the Mason jars I had left over from our own wedding as vases. I really had fun creating different looks, (country, modern, monochromatic,) with the flowers!

Before


After


So now, we have flowers in basically every room of the house! I love it!




I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment