Anniversary

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Great weekend!

So this past weekend was really really good! My best friend Annie finally got to come visit us, and see our house! It was so great to have some girl time with her; I miss her so much. She graduating in a few weeks and I'm so happy for her! I've known Annie since she was a freshman at SFA, so I kind of feel like I've seen her "grow up." My little baby! :) Anyways, she went with me to a music festival in Houston called "A Day in the Country", headlined by none other than MIRANDA LAMBERT!!! I got to have another meet and greet with Miranda, which was great because just a week before, she won Video of the Year for "White Liar", Album of the Year, and Female Vocalist of the Year at the Academy of Country Music Awards! I told her I was so very happy for her, and we were jumping off the couch as she was winning, and she told me thank you very much, and that it meant a lot to her. I also told her I bet there was a party going on that night, and she said there still was! I could tell she was very confident and felt on top of the world during her show, and that was very fun to see. It was Annie's first time to see Miranda live, so that was exciting too. Backstage, I ran into two of the guys in Miranda's band, and got pictures with them as well. Sunday after Annie left we got to have lunch with Ben's parents, and it was good to see them! Then we went to Melissa and Travis' to watch the Talladega Nascar race before going to small group. A good weekend, which wasn't quite long enough, as usual!

Awesome red eye, Jess.


PS-Last Saturday was our 6 month wedding "anniversary". :)

1 comment: